Wednesday, January 12, 2005

so confusing, but look at the pretty!

Another night of Lost and Alias, another night of confusion. I can't really tell if I enjoy these shows or not. I mean, I'm pretty sure I do because every time they're over I scream, "NO! DAMN YOU, ABC MINIONS! I CAN'T WAIT A WEEK! AHHHHH," or something like that.

Most of the time I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Which I'm OK with because I'm watching TV, not taking the SAT. Tonight's episode of Lost was awesome until the part about Boone hallucinating everything. I was so freaking happy that Shannon had gotten eaten. Well, maybe happy is the wrong word. But I WAS disappointed to see her walking around, all alive and bitchy, again. There is something way freaking and Flowers in the Attic about Boone and Shannon. Also, I think sometimes that there are way too many characters on that show. Sometimes I forget about them. Tonight when The Hobbit finally appeared, I was like, "Oh yeah, he's still there, even though he kind of almost died." Maybe they could make the show two hours longer. I can't really think of any character I'd want to get rid of, other than Shannon. But I think what they're doing with Shannon and Sayid could be interesting. So I guess she can stay. For at least another week, until she's eaten again in someone's hallucination.

Also, I have no idea what the hell is going on on that island. My aunt posed the theory that they all really died in the plane crash, and they're all in some kind of purgatory type hell. I don't really know how purgatory works, because I'm Lutheran and we don't have to go to purgatory (haha! In your face, Catholics! Sorry. Just kidding. Got a little excited, there.), but the theory made sense to me. If she turns out to be right, I am going to be super impressed because I've pretty much given up on trying to make sense of anything. All I know is Locke is kind of creepy, Boone is more than kind of hot, and Jack is WAY more than kind of a douchebag.

I never know what's going on with Alias, either. I stopped paying much attention to the storylines last season, because it's too much trouble trying to figure out why they're trying to steal whatever stupid ass Rambaldi artifact they're trying to steal and what they're going to do once they get it. Mostly, I just sit there with my mouth hanging open and watch the pretty flashing lights. Occasionally, I'll laugh when Marshall appears or "ooh" and "ahh" when Sydney kicks some serious ass or Vaughn is onscreen.

Still, even when Lost or Alias kind of blow, they're still better than most of the crap on TV, a lot of which has overstayed its welcome.

ER
, 7th Heaven, I'm looking in your direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment