Monday, January 09, 2006

I just injected coffee straight! into! my veins!

This weekend was like the opposite of last weekend, in that I last Friday and Saturday I probably slept for about 5 hours combined and this weekend I think I got approximately 405 hours of sleep. It was glorious.

When I wasn't sleeping, I was reading Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife which, let's face it, is like crack to me because IT IS ABOUT MR. DARCY. Just because I don't talk about my Mr. Darcy obsession constantly anymore (shut up, I do not) doesn't mean it went away.

I don't know if I mentioned this but many, many months ago I started Weight Watchers. I didn't go to meetings or anything because that would have involved getting to something on time every week (!) and I can only do that so many times a week and I think work should be first when it comes to getting to things on time. So, instead, I just started counting points which, honestly, is like learning another language. Now, I hardly ever need to calculate the points. Just ask me how many points something is and I can probably tell you. I am fluent in Weight Watchers.

Anyway, though, guess what! Limiting your portions and exercising really do work! It's amazing. I'm not exactly sure how much weight I lost, but I did get to buy new jeans when I discovered that I could pull the old ones on and off without unbuttoning them. That could have led to an unfortunate incident especially with the amount of alcohol I consume.

Over the holidays, what with the parties and the food and the wine, the whole diet thing kind of went out the window and then hitchhiked to Mexico, all despondent because it had been abandoned. I didn't gain any weight, but I stopped losing it as well. So as of January 7th I started counting points again. Bleh. I was going to start on January 1st but hello! January 1st is a horrible day to start a diet because you need to feed your hangover and hangovers are picky, hungry bitches. Also, my friend Kate in MALAWI AFRICA (don't you go stalking her now*) said she picked January 7th as an arbitrary date to quit smoking so I figured if it's good enough for Africa, it's good enough for me. I'll work my way up to actual physical activity later.

*My dad thought that because I invited the entire Internet to my party, and because the Internet knows what city I live in and what my last name is and that I live at . . . haha, just kidding, I'm not telling, but anyway, he thought the Internet would show up on my doorstep! So thank you for proving him wrong and also for not stalking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment