Monday, January 02, 2006

Saturday night I knew how to say Happy New Year in Portuguese but now I've forgotten

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I can tell that I did because today I have no voice, something that only happens when my friend Mary comes to visit. Usually as a result of staying up too late talking. Or, on Saturday (early Sunday?) because we decided to battle three boys with foam coasters and ping pong balls. And then they built a fort. At one point, I looked around my living room, covered in coasters, napkins, and a FORT, and realized that five adults (technically) were responsible for the mess. And also it was 8 o'clock in the morning. When I noticed that part, I actually thought someone had set the clock forward as they had earlier in the evening (making us think at 10:30 that it was quarter to midnight) but no. It was 8. In the morning. Yawn. Then we all took a two hour nap, woke up, had another half-hearted coaster/napkin battle and took our unwashed, smelly selves to Perkins where we had the worst service EVER. Our waiter did have a funny mustache, though. So that's something.

On Friday, Mary and I met two other friends at Applebees for dinner, planning to go directly back to my apartment afterward so we could get a good night's sleep. Best laid plans, right? We ended up at a bar called Bo JANGLES. Best. Name. Ever. I like how it looks like a person's name. Hi, this is my friend Bo. Bo JANGLES. And there was karaoke. And many, many pitchers of beer. How Mary and I stayed up until 8 AM yesterday I do not know.

Sorry this is so boring. I realize that the most boring blog entries are usually either about some weird dream (no one cares about your dreams unless they are in them, fyi) or about nights out drinking with friends. But unfortunately (for you anyway) that's all I did this weekend. Except for the dreaming. You probably have to sleep for more than two hours for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment