Friday, December 22, 2006

Are you going to tell me that Stevie Wonder doesn’t love his wife just because he’s not sure what she looks like?

I am feeling much better today. I'm at work for a couple hours, babysitting the office by myself while the cleaning people . . . clean. I had to be here to let them in and, I don't know, make sure they don't steal our dental tools. I guess we have this one thing that makes a really good roach clip. Who knew? I'm not implying that our cleaning people are pot heads, YOU JUST NEVER KNOW. Your grandma could be a pothead, you don't know. Don't give me some sob story about glaucoma, either, BECAUSE I DON'T BUY IT. Wow. OK. I'm gonna blame that on the cold medicine.

The cleaning people aren't here yet. I wish they were, because the sooner they get here, the sooner I can leave. And I have to go to the post office. THE POST OFFICE, people, on Christmas Eve Eve . . . Eve. Someone may die, that's all I'm saying. I suppose I could wait until after Christmas to mail this (it's a birthday present) but it's already like two weeks late. Beau, why were you born so close to Christmas? You know I procrastinate. You knew this would happen, didn't you? Rude.

Speaking of Christmas, I think I got slapped in the face with the Christmas spirit today on the way to work! I heard this song and I'm not gonna say I didn't sing along loudly and also pretend to have a microphone but if I did say that I wouldn't be lying. Then I got out of my car with all my happy Christmas feelings and stepped in a giant puddle of grinchitude because A) it is raining and B) it is 55 degrees outside. I like 55 degrees, I really do, but not at Christmas! Christmas should be cold and if there is any precipitation whatsoever it should be in white, fluffy SNOW form. Everyone knows that.

Anyway. I forgot that today after work I'm also supposed to drop off some candy at a dentist's office (as a thank you? happy holidays? dunno). I wish I'd remembered that before I got dressed this morning, because nothing says "professional" like THIS SHIRT. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment