Sunday, December 10, 2006

take my hand and we'll make it I swear

I did some Christmas shopping today. OK, I went to one store. That's as far as I could go before I had to repeatedly stomp down the urge to punch someone in the face. So. Yeah. One store down, two gifts down. At this rate I should be done by Valentine's Day.

My friends and I are doing a gift exchange next weekend, so I was mainly looking for a gift for that. I bought something completely frivolous that was really funny at the time but now I realize that it is useless. It's a rug. With Twister on it. Which, I can see getting some use out of this at a party somewhere down the road, but my friends and I tend to go a little ADD when we drink so I don't think spending [insert max amount allowed to spend here] dollars on ten minutes of fun is really worth it, you know? I kind of want to keep it, though. You know. For Twister emergencies. But, ok, here's my problem now . . . I don't know what to get. I need a unisex gift for under twenty dollars. It's the unisex part that's throwing me off. I've found plenty of awesome gifts for those with guy OR girl parts, but none that will work for both. Or something. I don't know.

Last night, I was in Columbus with a stop in BFE to meet Steve. It was fun. Fun, fun, fun. Shouting of Bon Jovi lyrics was involved, which could explain the Kathleen Turner voice I'm sporting today. Hot. And now, I bring you (because I'm too tired to come up with anything original) Conversations With My Best Friend Mary Because Heidi Deserves a Break:

Mary: Hello?
Me: Heeeeeey!
Mary: Hi!
Me: You answered!
Mary: I did. So what's up?
Me: Well, I'm on my way back from Steve's and I'm driving around out in the country.
Mary: Ooookaaaaay.
Me: I think I'm probably going to get lost*. I drove there in the dark last night and wasn't really paying attention and now everything looks different.
Mary: That sucks.
Me: I know. Also, it's the country and none of the roads have names that I can see.
Mary: Why didn't you ask Steve for directions before you left?
Me: Because I didn't want him to think I'm retarded!
Mary: Um, I think it's too late for that.
Me: Thanks.
Mary: No problem.
Me: You're probably right, though.
Mary: See?

*I did not

No comments:

Post a Comment