Friday, February 27, 2004

I don't know when I turned into an 80 year old woman, but it's happened. I bent down to pick something up off the floor today, and now my back is killing me. Only when I bend a certain way, though. I feel like I should get a cane or something. I spent twenty minutes just lying flat on my bedroom floor, because that's what I see people on TV do when they hurt their backs. I can't believe I get most of my medical knowledge from TV shows. Pathetic.

I'm kind of proud of myself. I have all this free time right now and I'm NOT watching Sex and the City. Go me. Today in class we were talking about atraso, which apparently is a Cuban word for a state of horniness. I feel that the Sex and the City I've been watching all week prepared me for this discussion, so finally I can say that my obsession has had some educational advantages.

I'm addicted to this website I got from Erin. You put in any word and it'll insert it into a slogan. Just try it. You'll be addicted, too, I guarantee it.

At the tanning place they pump a radio station into each room so you're not too bored while you're lying there. Well, the past couple of times I've gone a Creed song comes on while I'm in the middle of tanning. For those of you who know me, you know this is my idea of hell. I hate Creed. I can't stand listening to that band. I want to stick a needle in my ear when one of their songs comes on. So I would really appreciate it if radio stations would stop playing their songs altogether, so I'm never again stuck in a tanning booth humming loudly and covering my ears and, quite possibly, scaring anyone within hearing distance because they're wondering why I'm humming a tune different than the one on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment