Sunday, February 29, 2004

I hurt myself yesterday. I fell in the middle of the street (and sadly, this is not the first time that's happened). It wasn't just a fall; I wiped out. I landed on my hands and knees. Now I have a big cut on one hand and a huge bump and scrape on one knee. I ripped my jeans, too, on one knee. It's very sad. I think I can still wear them and pretend there's supposed to be a rip there.

The whole thing made me think of the many, MANY times I've hurt myself. Especially when I was little. For example, here is a list of stupid/hurtful things I've done:

I fell off the parallel bars on the playground and landed face first in the gravel.

I fell backwards off a swing, because I thought it'd be a good idea to hold onto the seat of the swing and not the chains that you're supposed to hang on to.

I've been hit in the head or face with a soccer ball, a football, a kickball, a tennis ball, a medicine ball, and a golf ball.

Actually, the golf ball was my own. While putt-putting, I thought it'd be a great idea to hit the ball as hard as I could, which sent it ricocheting off of a rock back in my direction, and it hit me in the forehead. Yeah. I'm a dumbass.

I fell off of a trampoline, onto the springs.

I jumped off of a billboard (why?), which, in case you're interested, hurts.

In kindergarten, my babysitter was building a pool at her house, and I crawled into the hole they dug in the backyard and got my shorts stuck on a nail.

I fell in the middle of the street last year (although I had some help with falling) and lost my keys, but I didn't know it at the time, so I had to go back the next day with Kate and search for them.

Let's just say I fall down a lot. It doesn't matter if it's icy. I'll fall anyway.

Probably the stupidest thing I've ever done was the time I stood on one end of a teeter-totter and told my friend to push down really hard on the other end, thinking I would fly up in the air. Just so you know, this doesn't work. I fell off and hit my head.

There are many other instances, but I can't think of them right now. Probably because I've hit my head so many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment