Wednesday, September 01, 2004

you know that one song? by that one guy? you know, he sang that other song

I found all these old CDs that I burned freshman and sophomore years. I know they were from then because most of them are full of songs I downloaded from Napster. Napster!

I loved Napster. Those were the days before we knew what a heinous crime it was to download songs for free, stealing the food from poor Britney's mouth. I heard that Eminem had to sell his daughter into slave labor just to make ends meet.

Anyway. There are songs on these CDs that I have absolutely no recollection of. I couldn't tell you who sings them. I don't know any of the words. I mean, I would think that I stole these CDs from someone else if they didn't have my handwriting on them.

It also would have helped if I'd labeled the CDs better. You know, if I'd written some of the artists and songs on the actual CD, so I'd know what the hell was on it. Instead, I named the CDs things like:

Napster Mix
Songs from CDs I Sold
Random
Sweet
Sad Mix
Soundtrack Mix
CD I Burned Instead of Writing My Paper
I Don't Know What's on this CD, Just Play it
Vacation Mix
Guster-fied (at least I know what's on this one)
I Hate the Library
Finals are Over! Celebracion!
Valentine's Day Sucks Balls

And my personal favorite, Get the Hell Out of Ohio, which I made before spring break junior year. All the songs have something to do with the beach, or leaving, or being on vacation. I think. I'm sure there's something weird on there.

I'm listening to the Napster Mix right now. Some guy is singing some song. I have no idea who he is. I have no idea what this song is. I swear I've never heard it before.

But I kinda like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment