Sunday, March 20, 2005

blog-life crisis

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've been kind of slacking on posting. Even though I still post almost every day, there's been a lack of substance. I'm not sure exactly why. I know there are things I WANT to write, but lately I've been finding myself holding back.

The main reason, I'm guessing, is because so many people from my real life know about this website. A lot of my family and friends read this, which most of the time I love, but sometimes I just want to write about stuff I don't particularly WANT everyone I know reading. Sure, I can try to be cryptic, but my friends aren't stupid. They're going to guess what or who I'm talking about. I can try to be subtle (not my strong suit) but I know someone would put two and two together. And even if they didn't, they would try and maybe would get something wrong.

Sometimes I think I should just delete this blog and start over and keep things anonymous. But I know myself. I have a big mouth. I suck at keeping secrets. I'm not a good liar. Someone would find out about it, or I'd tell someone and they'd tell someone and so on. So that's no good.

Maybe I just need to get over it. Write what I want and not care what people find out or think.

Or maybe I can just keep talking about inane things like Tim Horton and Time Warner Cable.

Well, shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment