Sunday, March 20, 2005

you may want to sit down

A couple weekends ago, when we were at Bargo's celebrating The Birth of Stiffie ™, I made a somewhat shocking confession that was very difficult for me to make and was, apparently, quite distressing to some of my friends (other than Beau . . . and Stiffie, I think, but she wasn't talking to me at that point NEVER MIND LONG STORY). I'm here right now to make it again. And here it is . . .

I. Don't like. Seinfeld.

There. I said it. I understand I may have upset quite a few of you. I understand that Seinfeld has some very rabid fans. I'm not one of them. I'll admit it. I don't get it. I don't get the appeal. Sure, sometimes it makes me laugh. I like saying, "yada yada yada" as much as the next person. But sometimes the sound of Jerry Seinfeld's voice makes me want to poke chopsticks in my ears until I am bleeding and deaf.

And I'm sorry, but I think George and Kramer are ANNOYING. That's right, I SAID IT.

Apparently, in some groups, this is considered blasphemy. I don't care. I don't HATE Seinfeld. I can understand why some people like it. I'm sure some of you think I'm crazy. I've been there. Once one of my friends said she didn't really like The Simpsons. I LOVE The Simpsons. I love everything ABOUT The Simpsons. So I know what it's like when someone denounces one of your favorite shows.

Just remember that, you know, before you tie me to a stake and set me on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment