Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm good at it, I've mastered it, avoiding avoiding everything.

I'm a list-maker. I find them comforting. I can't pack for a trip without one and it's very satisfying to be able to put a thick, dark line through something I've finished. My problem is that, like with everything else in my life, I put off making a list because once I see all those uncompleted tasks in front of me, I get very depressed and want to throw it away and pretend the only thing I need to be doing is watching reruns of The Office.

However, since I am now (over) a quarter of a century old, I have decided that I need to get my life in order. The things I can control anyway. It's funny, I'm a bit of a control freak (heh, a bit), but there are so many little tasks I let go until they seem insurmountable, so then I live in a magical land of denial and pretend those tasks either don't exist or completed themselves without me. I guess I'm only a control freak about the things I really have no control over and I don't know if you know this but that is pretty damn frustrating.

ALSO. Heidi and I, for different reasons, are both in need of distraction, and since it's summer and there's not much on TV, we've decided to distract ourselves with the gym. I'm not sure how that's going to work. I mean, I'm all for distraction, but I wouldn't put it past me to get distracted by something shiny on the way to the gym and forget to work out altogether. In any case, at least I'll be able to cross "distract self" off my list.

Look at me, pretending to be a grown-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment