Friday, July 13, 2007

who knows where thoughts come from, they just appear

I was sitting in a meeting a couple of days ago and I wondered what everyone would do if I just shouted, "SHIT!" Or if I started rubbing my face and screaming like I was on fire. Or if I fell out of my chair and pretended to go to sleep on the floor. Or if I jumped on the conference table and began a rendition of "Proud Mary." And as I started thinking about these possibilities, the urge to giggle became stronger. Then I started wondering what my coworkers would think if I just started laughing for no reason.

These thoughts have been popping into my head more and more. I'll walk by my boss's closed door and think about knocking and running away. Or kicking it down, just to see if I could. It's not just at work that I have these thoughts. I think a lot about what might happen if I do or say a certain thing. Of course, normally I don't do or say any of these certain things, but every now and again, like when I wondered if Heidi and I could change Phoebe's name to "Murray," the thoughts become reality.

It's Day 3 of Operation Change Phoebe's Name to Murray and I'm pretty sure she still has no idea. I'm not sure she ever knew her name was Phoebe, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment