Sunday, March 26, 2006

I also watched Lazy Sunday about fifty times

I always thought I was the kind of person who would be perfectly content to sit around all weekend, watching movies and reading and messing around on the computer.

I was wrong. Maybe I used to be that kind of person. But now I want to do things. I find it impossible to sit around doing nothing. What the hell happened to me?! I used to be able to do that. Watch an entire season of Arrested Development without worrying about what I could be accomplishing. Now I sit there thinking about how I should be doing my taxes (no, I HAVEN'T done them yet, ok? does this really surprise anyone?), getting stuff together to take to Goodwill, or packing. Yes, I said packing. I am moving again, to a new apartment, but I don't want to talk about it until it is for sure. I mean, it's pretty for sure, I have my new address and everything, but I don't want to jinx it because we don't have the keys yet. Yes, I also said we. This is a post for another day.

Anyway. My plan for the weekend was basically to sit around and do nothing. The last few weekends have been full of plans so I was happy to finally be getting a weekend to myself. Also, my parents were going out of town and I figured if my plan was to sit around and be unproductive, I might as well do it at my their house where they have DVR and high speed internet. I might be lazy, but I'm not stupid.

So, my plan pretty much came to fruition. I wasn't very productive. I watched a lot of TV, I spent way too much time on the Internets, I read half of a book. I think the only productive thing I did was fill out apartment paperwork and balance my checkbook. Mission accomplished, right? So why was I so bored?

No comments:

Post a Comment