Monday, March 13, 2006

I think I'm getting the black lung, Pop

I am disgusting right now. I caught something like the flu or a cold or typhoid fever from one of the six thousand sick people I was in contact with over the past week. Thank you so much. I woke up yesterday with a fever and a headache, but to be fair the headache could have been a result of beer WHO KNOWS. I haven't been sick in a while so this is fun. Unfortunately, it's not even the kind of sick that justifies taking the day off work and lying on the couch watching Pride and Prejudice all day, which is my preferred way to heal myself. If I was throwing up or was all achey with fever or had explosive diarrhea THEN I could stay home. But no. I am just full of snot and coughing and sore throaty and I sound like a man.

I'm really starting to think it was not a good idea to drink half a pot of coffee on top of my cold medicine. Dayquil makes me kind of loopy anyway, so if you throw caffeine in the mix . . . watch out. My head feels like it's floating about five feet above my body and I feel like I'm walking around all, "Ooooooh, look at all the pretty colors . . . oh, something shiny, isn't it beautiful? What do you mean I just picked up a paper clip? It's so luminous and magical and OOH look how bendy!" It's not an entirely unpleasant situation, but I don't think it's going to make me employee of the month. But let's face it, the odds of that happening were slim anyway. Also, we don't do employee of the month where I work, so ACTUALLY it would have been impossible.

I hope I start hallucinating soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment