Friday, March 24, 2006

this entry is total Meredith Grey voiceover material, and for that I apologize*

I have a really hard time accepting that things cannot be good all of the time. That something in my life will no doubt suck beyond belief. I might be having a good hair day, but I'm coughing so much that I am about to rocket phlegm across the room. Ok, that was a really superficial (and disgusting) example, but it was the best I could think of, ok? I just ended a sentence with the same word. Is OK a word? Oh my god, Jennie, stop talking.

I'm getting better about it. I don't obsess so much if my friends aren't getting along. If work is annoying me. Or about boy drama, although to be fair, most of my boy drama is of my own making. I know it's the end of March (and seriously, when did that happen?), but I'm making another New Years Resolution. Because I've been doing so well with all the other ones. Seriously, I don't even know what they were at this point.

Anyway. I'm trying to make a point here, I think. I forget. I'm going to try to start focusing less on what sucks and more on the stuff in my life that is good. I'll take a deep breath. Think about the people visiting for my birthday next month (subtle reminder to start buying presents now, or just send money), or the e-mail I received at work that I had to try so, so hard not to laugh at. Feeling like your stomach is going to explode from holding in laughter? Always a good thing. Barry White? Also good. Watching Walk the Line for the 87th time and then spending the rest of the night walking around my apartment saying, "I'm Johnny Cash" over and over? Excellent. Last night Phoebe tried to attack my suitcase and in the process, got stuck inside. Sure, I could focus on her tendency to pee on things I sleep on or walk on with bare feet, but life is too short and HELLO she got stuck in a suitcase.

Besides, if you'd seen how fast she exited that suitcase or how big her tail was for the next ten minutes, you'd never be in a bad mood again.

*I watched the entire first DVD of Grey's Anatomy yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment