Friday, April 21, 2006

On the streets we didn't have any rules. Maybe one. No kicks to the groin, home for dinner.

Ok, so Phase One of the move is complete. Almost everything I own is now sitting outside in a U-Haul in my parent's driveway. So don't steal it, OK? Because I like my stuff. Also I would cry and you don't want me to cry, do you?

I am taking advantage of my parent's high speed internet while I have the chance because after tomorrow . . . I will only be able to check my e-mail at work. And I'm really not supposed to be doing that. I think last time I moved I made it about a week and a half before I broke down and ordered the Internets so we'll see how long I make it this time. I have a roommate who can entertain me so I think I might make it a little longer. WE'LL SEE.

The weather tomorrow better be freaking spectacular because today? While we were loading the truck? It was pissing rain the entire time. Oh, but it mostly stopped by the time we were done, so that was nice.

Today, before the moving truck arrived, I took Phoebe to my parent's house. First of all, she did not want to get in her cat carrier and I was afraid to shove her too hard in case I broke her or something. So, I did what any responsible pet owner would do. I got her high on catnip, waited until she was relaxed and vulnerable and then I ambushed her. You guys, I totally date raped my cat. I mean. In theory. I don't know. She is traumatized forever, though. Then, while we were in the car and I was babbling into my friend's voicemail and Phoebe was meowing meowing EVERMORE I realized I had forgotten the bag with Phoebe's food and treats, i.e. THE MOST IMPORTANT BAG OF ALL. So I turned around and when I pulled into the parking lot, what do I see? The bag, sitting next to the parking spot I had vacated minutes before. I am so special sometimes.

Once I had her at my parent's house, I let her out and eventually she started exploring. Unfortunately, Ripley (The Dog) saw her and chased her blah blah blah Phoebe hid under my parent's bed. She was still there hours and hours later when we got back from loading the truck, so my dad and I spent a loooooong time trying to coax her out from under the bed. Well, I tried coaxing her with treats and he poked her with a pole. I'm still not quite sure where that came from. Eventually, she got tired of being poked in the nether regions so she wandered close enough to me and I grabbed her and she clawed me and her tail got as big as my face and sometimes I feel like I live in a cartoon.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment