Tuesday, May 30, 2006

24 going on 13

Sometimes, at the end of the month (or, you know, if I'm bored at work, shh don't tell), I go back to look at old blog entries. Not just because I'm a self-centered narcissist, but because if there's anything I enjoy doing, it's obsessing about the past. I haven't really been able to do that this month, though, mostly because when I try, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. That same feeling I get when I go back and read my journal from high school. I can read a couple of pages and then I have to put it away, because my face can only handle so much cringing before it starts to ache. I don't have much written in this blog that I ever considered cringe-worthy, or that I ever thought about deleting so it would disappear into the Internet ether forever, but this month my mouse has hovered over "delete this post" more than once. Unfortunately, my brain doesn't have the same function.

No comments:

Post a Comment