Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Four years of malfeasance unreported! This cannot stand!

Guys, I tried to stay away from The Office quotes, but I missed them even though they were only gone for ONE DAY. It was a long day.

I'm going to take a minute to talk about American Idol. Just a minute. Because I stopped watching The Amazing Race when Alias came back (sorry, Philiminator) and I've lost all interest in Survivor, including Terry, the least likeable underdog EVER. SIGH.

I think Elliot will be gone next and it makes my heart so very, very sad. I have loved him from day one and defended his bad, bad teeth (seriously, Elliot, call me because I can totally do something about that) when my mom rudely made fun of his dental deficiency. Can't he just stay for one more week? Please? Get rid of Taylor, who I don't mind until he starts, you know, talking and doing that stupid "soul patrol and then have a tiny seizure" schtick or even Chris (oh man, I totally wrote "Christ" at first and he is not even on the show) because I still haven't quite forgiven him for singing Creed.

Speaking of Creed, there is a character named Creed on The Office and I love that show. Nice segue, huh? Anyway, it is SUPER SIZED (that's what she said) tomorrow and Jim wears a cute sweater so I'm excited.

Is it obvious yet that I really don't have anything to say? Ok, good. I'm eating blueberry yogurt. It is delicious.

Last night, after TV time, Roommate and I hung some stuff on the walls so it would look like a real home, not a model home, although with our mish-mash of furniture it doesn't so much look like a model home as a . . . I'm not gonna lie, I don't even know where I was going with that so I'm just going to stop.

Anyway, so we hung a bunch of stuff. It looks nice, almost like we used a tape measure and a level. We didn't, although I think that goes without saying. So I'm not sure why I just said it. When I moved out of my last apartment and it came time to fill in the nail holes with wall putty my dad laughed and shook his head many, many times. Know why? Because there wasn't just one hole per picture to be filled in, there were tiny clusters of holes for each picture because sometimes I had to try a couple of times to get the picture in the exact right place.

And, Dad, you will be happy to know that, when it came time to hang stuff in my bedroom last night, I did learn from my mistakes, because, while I did have to try several times to get the nails in the right places, I made sure all the mistake-holes were hidden behind the pictures. Also, I still need help hanging my shelves. And by help, I mean can you please do it for me while I stand back and watch. And by stand back and watch I mean get distracted by loud noises and shiny objects and also Phoebe because she's funny sometimes.

Unless, of course, you want to leave me unattended with a power drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment