Friday, May 26, 2006

Today is Thursday. But Dwight thinks that it’s Friday. And . . . that's what I’ll be working on this afternoon.

Man, today is dragging. I think it's because I'm hanging on the precipice of a THREE DAY WEEKEND, which, when put together, are three of of the most magical words in existence.

Seriously. Today, go slower, be more annoying, please. I like it like that.

Sigh.

I think the UPS man might have a crush on me. Every time he comes in and talks to me, his face gets all red, and he stumbles over his words, and half the time he drops his package (hee) as he's handing it to me. I hope he never works up the courage to ask me on a date, but if he does I already have a story. Um, I'm dating someone named Jim Halpert. It's a long distance thing, because he works at a small paper company in Pennsylvania. Sometimes I'm afraid he's cheating on me with some receptionist in his office, but I don't care because, um, he's totally hot.

No, I have not completely lost touch with reality. I know Jim Halpert isn't real. But the UPS guy MIGHT NOT, ok?

So. This weekend should be fun. IT BETTER BE. Although, it can't be more fun than last weekend or I might seriously die. From the fun. It happens.

Tonight we're having girl's night. Yeah, I said it. It'll be just like those slumber parties I had when I was 13, what with the girly movies (Um, 13 Going on 30, Princess Bride, anyone?), the pizza, the boy talk, only this time there will be margaritas. Delicious. Tomorrow will be grown up fun. Yes, we ARE going to Elsa's again but this time I hope not to fall into the men's room. Or if I do, I hope to fall into the arms of Hot Waiter, not a 50-year-old man with a goatee who is shorter than me, which is who I almost knocked over last time.

Last night, in the midst of a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch, my roommate and I went to Target. Because that's how we roll. Our logic was that if there was a tornado, Target was probably safer than our apartment and if we died, at least it would be in a place we loved. Within the first 30 seconds, we had already decided it was the best trip to Target EVER because what did we find in the $1 aisle? Oh. We found Napoleon Dynamite, well . . . crap. For a dollar. Crap for a dollar is quite a deal. This is why we now have Nap D magnets on our fridge, Nap D mousepads by our computers, and LIGER wristbands. Also a pen that says Vote for Pedro. Don't be jealous of how cool we are because WE WORK HARD AT IT.

Man, can I just apologize now for this entry? I don't feel very bloggy. It happens. I hope this weekend reboots me because I haven't felt much like myself lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment