Monday, June 19, 2006

It's me. I'm the bobblehead.

I hope everyone had a good Father's Day. Yay for fathers!

So remember how I was going to buy a swimsuit? I tried, I really did, but I haven't found one yet. That didn't stop me from going swimming on Saturday. Don't worry, though, I found a swimsuit in my dresser that I had forgotten about that still mostly fits. There were no wardrobe malfunctions. Oh, and Peter, to answer your question, I'm going to buy the first swimsuit I find that fits right even if it's one of those old lady ones with the little frilly skirt on the bottom. Hot!

So my roommate and I were out by the pool for three hours on Saturday. My poor, fair, European skin had no idea what hit it. Actually, it's not that bad. My back still hurts and the sunburn makes wearing a bra a fun challenge but other than that I only burnt part of my legs. The upper, upper thigh area. I don't know how. Apparently I don't know how to apply sunscreen, which puts me on the same level as, oh, a four year old? Also it's not a good idea to fall asleep by the pool when you are exposing parts of your skin that haven't seen sunlight for months and months. GO FIGURE.

Check out what my roommate's boyfriend bought us. Tell me you're not jealous, YOU LIAR. Dwight Shrute has taken up residence on top of TiVo, a place of great honor where his talents as Assistant (to the) Regional Manager can be fully utilized. Wow, Jennie, shut up. If you guys are lucky, and if I remember later, maybe I will post a picture.

Dwight even watched over our card games on Saturday night, when Lampl and Steve brought their awesomeness to our apartment. We introduced Lampl to the wonders of The Office, through some TiVo'ed episodes, but mainly through Steve and I quoting the show every five minutes which, while probably (probably? hee) annoying, led to the following exchange:

Steve/Me: Abraham Lincoln once said, if you are a racist, I will attack you with the North.
Lampl: Wait, did he really say that?

Good times were had by all. Until this morning, when I woke up and it was Monday and I had to go to work. Seriously, I have a problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment