Friday, June 23, 2006

Sometimes you have to just be the boss of dancing

This is going to be disgusting. I'm just warning you. My back is literally PEELING OFF. It's so gross. I mean, dead skin, great bits of it, slowly peeeeeeeeling off of my body. Ugh, I'm making myself nauseous just thinking about it.

Moral of the story? I'll be wearing lots and lots of sunscreen at the zoo. I do not want my face to peel off in the manner of my back. I can hide my back by wearing a shirt but I cannot really hide my face unless I wear a burqa or something, and that seems disrespectful.

You know what's great? Getting a long e-mail from someone you haven't heard from in a while. Yes, Amy, I am talking about you and while I'm at it, please update your blog. Because I am bored. Anyway, she had some book suggestions which gives me an excuse to go to Half Price Books and you know I'll take any excuse to stop in there and drool on the literature.

So, I've been watching America's Next Top Model a lot lately (thank you, TiVo) and have decided that I could never be a model. Physical attributes aside (to begin with, I'm short . . . yeah, really short), I just don't think I could say things like "that's fierce" without giggling or stabbing myself in the eye afterward. Although, I would like to hang out with Janice Dickinson because hello! Bitch is crazy.

AND NOW, Conversations With My Roommate:

Heidi: Did you ever e-mail that guy back?
Me: Oh, no, I forgot. It's probably too late now.
Heidi: Yeaaaaah, it's been like two weeks.
Me: Oh well.
Heidi: Yeah.
Me: Unless I e-mailed him and told him I've been in the hospital or something.
Heidi: Yeah, you could say, "I fell down and have been in a coma, sorry!"
Me: Well, I do fall down a lot, so it's not a total lie.
Heidi: True.
Me: Or, "Sorry, my gonorrhea was acting up, but I'm ok now!"
Heidi: "I had a syphilis outbreak!"
Me: Haha! "Don't worry, it's better now! Do you want to meet me?"
Heidi: Hahahaha! "I'm on antibiotics now so everything is under control."
Me: Oh, god. I'm totally dateable.
Heidi: Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment