Friday, July 14, 2006

Look at me! I'm Chandler! Could I BE wearing any more clothes?

When I woke up today my pillow smelled like chlorine. Not an entirely unpleasant smell, and a result of going to bed with wet hair after a (legal this time) nightswim.

Last night, after dinner and drinks with my coworkers, my roommate and I escaped the heat and the air that, let's face it, is practically water at this point and went swimming. Even though both Big Brother and Project Runway were beckoning from TiVo, we managed to resist. The water was surprisingly cold but we stayed in until the goosebumps drove us to our towels.

I feel better today than I have in a while. The general malaise that has been settled over me for the past couple of months seems to have finally lifted. At least for the moment. And I plan to take advantage of it while I can.

Which is why, even though it's hotter than hell outside and my face might MELT RIGHT OFF, I'm going to a Reds game tonight. Here is what I know about baseball: They sell beer and hot dogs at the stadium. Also, during the 7th inning you are encouraged to stand up and . . . stretch, if you will. This is a good time to go look for more beer and hot dogs. Apparently there is also some sort of game being played but if you have a beer and a hot dog it's not really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment