Sunday, July 09, 2006

She's not THAT Mexican, Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's Colombian or something.

My roommate has been gone all weekend and, thus proving that when she is not here I turn into a scary hermit type person, I have not had much communication with the outside world. Although, after so many hectic weekends (and by hectic I mean drink-heavy) lately, it's been nice to sit around and do nothing.

Here is what I have done: Laundry. Watched TV. Surfed the Internets. Um. That's about it.

In the past two days, I have watched one episode of Grey's Anatomy, two episodes of Bridezillas, one episode of House, a really bad Lifetime Movie, The Philadelphia Story, three episodes of Arrested Development*, and one episode of The Office. Today my only plan is to go see Pirates of the Caribbean. Did you ever notice that with the change of just one letter, "pirates" becomes "pilates?" I'll let you figure out which letter that is. And now you are thinking about pirates doing pilates. YOU'RE WELCOME.

I sat out on the balcony for a while last night, staring across the parking lot and the pond at the softly lit pool and thinking how nice a night swim would be. But sneaking into the pool does not seem like an idea that should be repeated, even though we didn't leave any remnants of our last night swim behind. No beer cans, no towels, no lone flip flop floating all forlornly in the deep end. It would seem like tempting fate to attempt it again. That, and this time I'd be alone and I'd be so paranoid about knocking myself unconscious and drowning that I'd never try it. I really don't want to die in a swimsuit.

*PS, did you guys know that Will Arnett aka GOB was nominated for an Emmy? How does a show good enough to get nominated for an Emmy get cancelled, FOX? I swear to GOB.

No comments:

Post a Comment