Friday, July 21, 2006

my mom gets more comments than I do

Every morning I play this game where I see how many times I can hit the snooze button and still have time to get ready and be on time to work. I lose if I have to skip an important step, like showering or, most important, making coffee. I'll make coffee before I do anything else, even if it means arriving at work looking like an unwashed miscreant that has wandered in from the gutter.

I totally won today, because I hit the snooze button three times and yet I still had time to shower, brush my teeth, SHAVE MY LEGS*, dry my hair, pick out an outfit (because it's the one day a week I don't have to wear scrubs, thank you very much), listen to my new favorite song (on Corinne Bailey Rae's CD, seriously . . . go buy it), AND of course, make coffee. And I don't know if this counts, because technically I did it on the WAY to work rather than before work, but I called two car-fixey places (WOW) and made an appointment to get my brakes looked at this afternoon. Which is good. Because the brake system I have now, which basically consists of stepping on the pedal, crossing my fingers, closing my eyes and praying to God that my car stops without the aid of the car in front of me, is not the safest method.

*Women (men?), you understand how much time this can add to your morning routine, especially if you're really tired because tired means distracted and distracted leads to owie blood where are the bandaids?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment