Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Evil Summer

By 12-year-old Jennie (I feel I must reiterate this. Also, I left all spelling and grammar errors intact)

PART ONE

I couldn't wait! My family was going up to the Keegans for their anual summer party. Chris and I had been talking about it since last years most boring party of all. Since then Chris got me talking about putting people into trances, and levetation, and all that ghost stuff. We have been waiting for this party so we could have more people.

"Courtney, come on!"

Oh, wonderful, its my mom. I guess I should go if I want to get to the Keegans soon. I got in the van and we started driving. I know in the car I must have been driving my parents nuts by asking them how long it would be until we got there. Finally we got there and I ran out of the car and into the house.

"It's about time!"

"Jeez you scared me, stupid!" I yelled. It was Chris.

"Did you bring the books?," she asked. "I got some from Christina."

"Yeah, I brought em," I said. I told her about some of the stuff we could do. We headed up to her room.

"First let's do the funeral one where we pretend to bury someone." she told me.

I thought about being buried for a minute. I had a great idea.

"Well, lets let Randy do it first!" I said.

"Let Randy do what, first?" said a voice.

Chris got up and kicked at something behind the door. Then a head looked around the side.

It was Chris's cousin Randy.

"What do you want to do to me?" he said.

"Oh, just bury you, bring up a spirit and ask you questions." I answered. "Nothin much."

Randy looked at me and said, "What are you talking about. You are nuts, Courtney!"

"Oh yeah, look who's talking, Mr. Pyro." I said.

It just so happens that Randy liked, no loved playing with fire.

"I just saw Justin come into the house," Chris said. "If you guys will shut up, we can go try it. We have enough people."

We ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to meet him. We told him about what we were going to do. We decided to try it in the basement, because it's dark. We all ran down there. Unfortunatly Chris's brother, Josh, and Josh's friend Bret, were down there.

After Chris and Josh fighting and beating each other up for awile, Randy and I convinced Chris to let them stay.

"Alright, fine. Lets get started," said Chris, not happy at all.

Will Chris and Courtney successfully entrance Randy? Will Randy succumb to the dark forces taking over his body? Will 12-year-old Jennie ever grasp quotation punctuation? Tune in next time for . . . THE EVIL SUMMER.

No comments:

Post a Comment