Tuesday, February 01, 2005

It's called LUCK and I love it

I haven't posted in a few days, and I meant to post something yesterday but I was really tired because I WORKED ALL DAY and since I didn't GET OFF WORK tonight until 7 tonight and I had to eat dinner AFTER WORK and then unwind FROM WORK by watching Scrubs (which was HILARIOUS) I haven't had a chance until now.

So, yes, I got a job. I'm working at an orthodontist office and they're training me to become an orthodontic technician. I know what you're thinking. Um, does that have anything to do with being an English major? Yeah, that would be a NO, other than the fact that I can spell most things correctly and they know I pay close attention to details because HELLO have you ever tried to write a six page paper based on ONE sonnet? I had to do that sophomore year, and from what I remember (I blocked out most of it) I spent the majority of my time painstakingly looking up words in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Anyway, I've learned a lot so far and it's actually been a lot of fun. Plus, I get to wear tennis shoes to work. Tennis shoes! Yay! And I have three Fridays a month off! Whoohoo!

The only thing I've had to get over is the whole, "What do you mean I have to get out of bed and shower and do something tomorrow? I did all that today! And yesterday!" and that thought only ran through my head a couple of times today, and even then the feeling connected was more one of awe rather than dismay or horror.

I can't believe I'm going to publish this. It's like one ginormous run-on. And not to completely change the subject, but why does the song "Moon River" make me want to burst into tears?

No comments:

Post a Comment