Monday, February 28, 2005

This entry brought to you by CAPS LOCK

Ok. I have a bone to pick with, I don't know who, but SOMEONE. I cannot BELIEVE how late some people show up for their appointments. This is the first doctor's office I've ever worked in so it's odd being on the other side of the counter. Like most people, when I go to the dentist/doctor I expect to have to wait. I've gotten pissed and sat in the waiting room, huffing and loudly turning the pages of a two-month-old Time magazine, but I swear I will never complain again.

You know why you're usually waiting? Because some stupid asshole showed up late to their appointment. I'm not talking five minutes late. I mean they show up 25 minutes (or more) late. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. It's rude, it's inconsiderate, and it makes me want to poke you in the eye when you waltz in on your cell phone and blurt out (without actually LOOKING at me), "we're HERE."

Today someone showed up AN HOUR AND TEN MINUTES late. Not to go all Janice, but OH. MY. GOD. Who does that? She didn't even apologize! And then! When she had to wait 15 minutes for someone to call her back she sat in the waiting room and GLARED at me. Hello! Lady! You were the one who showed up AN HOUR AND TEN MINUTES late! And by the way, thanks a lot. Since you came in AN HOUR AND A HALF late instead of just calling to reschedule, you messed up OUR schedule and we had to stay late. And it was snowing. A lot. And then? When you made your follow up appointment and I asked you if you wanted an appointment card as a reminder? You looked at me like I was crazy. Well, guess what. I forget a lot of things. I forget where I put my keys/glasses/cell phone. I forget birthdays. I forget phone numbers. I forget most people's names. I forget what I had for dinner last night. I forget to feed my fish for days at a time. But I have NEVER forgotten to show up for an appointment.

And, my god, if I had? I would have at least had the presence of mind to CALL ahead and make up an excuse for being so unforgivably late. Lie to me, I don't care. Say you're sorry. But don't pretend there's nothing wrong with it.

Also? I hate you.

The day wasn't a complete wash, though, because on the way home from work today I took a different route and I finally saw . . . Giant Jesus. And my life is complete. That landmark makes me SO HAPPY to be from Ohio. It really is the classiest thing I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment