Wednesday, January 03, 2007

what happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago

I was going to write this big, elaborate entry about our trip to Chicago, but the thought of reliving the weekend right now is just . . . exhausting. Yeah, I think exhausting is the right word. Anyway, here are the highlights:

  • Proving once again that I should not be put in charge of anything important, I printed out the directions to Mary's old apartment rather than her new one. Luckily, we found out before we drove to the old one.
  • The $7 jeans I bought at Target stretched out so much in the car ride to Chicago that it felt like I was walking around with a load of shit in my pants. Hmm, maybe that's why they were only $7.
  • Boys get really mean when they're playing Madden. Also, videogame football is even worse than watching real football.
  • We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner and made friends with the table next to ours. They gave us their tequila shots.
  • We went to the Russian district for New Years Eve. I did not meet anyone from the Russian mafia and was very disappointed.
  • Someone spilled their rum and coke DIRECTLY INTO MY EYES at Shenanigans. It turns out that burns a hell of a lot, but I recovered quickly.
  • We all wore funny hats.
  • Nick traded his for a shot.
  • And then got a new hat.
  • Steve almost got in a fight but the other guy got kicked out of the bar because it was his fault. Douchebag. The guy, not Steve.
  • Heidi got lost by herself for about 15 minutes and I feared we'd never see her again.
  • We went back to Mary's and were immediately tackled by her roommate.
  • Then we all sat in the hallway outside their apartment and met her neighbors and their dog.
  • And I don't care what anyone says, NO ONE was wearing a bow tie in that apartment. Tuxedo? Yes. Bowtie? No.
  • I accidentally drove Heidi's car like a racecar and almost killed us on the drive home.
  • We got lost in downtown Chicago on the way home and somehow ended up driving around underneath the city. Again, I thought we might die. We didn't, though.

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment