Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion*

I'm just going to go ahead and apologize if none of this makes sense. But YOU try making sense when you're this tired! I'm trying this new thing where I don't sleep at night. It's not really a new thing, though, cause I do it a lot. You should try it, it's awesome. Until you finally fall to sleep around 3 or 4 and then wake up an hour later and want to die . . . other than that, it's super! Kinda like you're a vampire but without the nuisance of killing someone and drinking their blood. Oh and also you don't have any cool powers like super strength or lightning fast reflexes or the ability to disappear in a poof of ash and smoke if someone stakes you in the heart.

ANYWAY (that was the "anyway" heard around the world) earlier this evening, Heidi and I went to the gym and, for the first time, went to this Pilates class. I'm going to be honest with you, the only reason we wanted to go is because you do it with the lights off. Heh. Which brings me to:

Me: Do you want to do the elliptical after the Pilates class?
Heidi: No?
Me: Yes!
Heidi: OK.
Me: Well, let's see how we feel after the class.
Heidi: OK.
Me: I mean, you're just lying on your back in the dark, how much work can that be?
Heidi: Heh.
Me: Ha! Although normally when you're lying on your back in the dark, it IS a lot of work.
Heidi: I think that went without saying.
Me: Yeah.

Zing! Anyway, yeah, so we didn't end up doing the elliptical after Pilates. I thought after all of our extensive training with Mari Windsor, we'd be fine, but the instructor tried to kill us FOR REALSIES. Oh, and speaking of the instructor? She was the mother of one of the patients at my old office. I am never getting away from that place! Gah!

I think the people in my new office are going to get fed up with my musical choices soon. I got tired of listening to the radio all day, so I took some CDs to work. The problem is, I put on a CD in the morning and then listen to it all day long over and over. Which brings me to:

Me: I think my coworkers are getting annoyed with me.
Heidi: Why?
Me: I listened to The Shins all day on repeat.
Heidi: Oh god! They're not the only ones, then.
Me: What?
Heidi: Every morning when I'm getting ready, I hear music coming from your room and all I can think is "Is she listening to that song AGAIN?"
Me: Heh.
Heidi: Yeah.
Me: It's not every morning.
Heidi: Yeah, ok.
Me: Some mornings I listen to Regina Spektor instead!
Heidi: Wow, you've really proven your point there.
Me: Thank you.

And just because I feel like it, another question. Heather Anne asked: What is the most beautiful word you can think of?

According to my sources, (Wikipedia and Donnie Darko*), the most beautiful phrase (I know you said "word," Heather Anne, but I chose to ignore it and read "phrase" instead . . . heh) in the English language is "cellar door." Who am I to argue with both Wikipedia AND movies? Especially a movie* that stars my future husband? HOWEVER, my favorite phrase in all of literature is just this . . . "picnic, lightning." Need more?

My very photogenic mother died in a freak accident (picnic, lightning) when I was three.

That's it. That's all there is. I don't know what it is about that sentence. It's so SIMPLE but so damn good that it makes me want to quit writing forever. I mean, I won't, but when I read that sentence it makes me think I should, because I will never be able to string words together that make someone want to read them over and over and wonder, "how'd she do that?"

Kat, I know you sent me that book of short stories to make me start writing some? But right now I'm reading this? And every time I pick it up it makes me want drop everything I'm doing and go write a book. Not enough to, you know, get off my lazy ass and actually start writing, but still . . . baby steps.

*Seriously, have you seen this movie? It's fucking awesome. Go watch it. Now. Go ahead. I'll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment