Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When I'm with you, baby, I go out of my head. And I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough.

Dear Internets, I miss you so much. When I come home from work, the first thing I do is fire up Google Talk even though my eyes are still burning from staring at the computer screen all day long. Sad? Yes, but also dedicated. Right? Is dedicated the word I'm looking for?

I don't think I realized how many hours a day I used to fuck around on the Internets. WORKING hours. Oops. Now I don't. Now I am a good girl. I have just decided. No more drinking, no more boys, no more slacking, no more cursing, no more cheesecake or thin mints or junk food . . . hahahaha oh my god I'm totally kidding. My stomach! It hurts! From the laughter!

I'm really tired. I can't get used to being on a normal schedule. At my old job, the hours were all fucked up . Some days we'd start before 7 AM, other days we'd start late and work late and on SOME DAYS, some very, very bad, dark days, we'd work on Saturday. Did you know that if I was still at my old job I'd have to work this Saturday? On St. Patrick's Day? ST. PATRICK'S DAY. I would have cried. True story*.

OH! And also? It is SO WARM OUTSIDE you guys. So warm. Like 75 or something. Which, I realize in the grand scheme of things is not that warm because I bet it's at least 87 in hell, but compared to the stupid stupid frigid cold of the past, I might as well be in hell. I mean that in a good way. Although, it only took one day of warm weather for me to start complaining about it. Because when I got in my car after work it was all sunny and hot and I started sweating because I have to dress for the -15 degrees it is in our office and I HATE sweating for ALMOST any reason so, yes, I was complaining but no one heard me or anything. Unless the guys standing outside smoking have very, very good hearing. One of them saluted me as I left. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I forgot to tell you all something really, really exciting. Heidi and I somehow got new silverware from Kohl's for . . . wait for it . . . $5.99! And it's good silverware, too! It was the last set of silverware with the pink handles (yes, we have pink silverware now . . . suck it) and when it rang up as only $5.99, I do believe smoke came out of Heidi's ears and I'm pretty sure my eyes got so big that one popped out of my head and I had to chase it down the aisle. Eyeballs are bouncy. True story**.

*lies (but I would have been upset)
**more lies

No comments:

Post a Comment