Wednesday, March 07, 2007

WE WERE ON A BREAK!

Dear Internets, I'm afraid that I will be neglecting you in the next few weeks. Maybe months. You see, my new job? The one I started today? They are much stricter when it comes to usage of The Internets. The monitor everything, kind of like Big Brother. And as much as I like to break the rules, I do not like getting caught.

Yeah. I give that a week.

So, today I got to wear big girl clothes instead of scrubs. My feet hurt. As soon as I came home I took off all my big girl clothes and put on sweats, which as far as I can tell is the best part about wearing big girl clothes. Except for the sound that big girl shoes make on tile. I love that. Also, I love the cute, big girl shoes. There is something really funny about the phrase "big girl." Maybe it's because we call my friend Mary's roommate "Big Girl." He is neither big nor a girl. Discuss.

I went the whole day without checking my e-mail. Well. Not true. I checked it in the morning before I left. And I checked my work e-mail, but I only got one today and it was just to tell me how to set up my voicemail. HARDLY as much fun as my personal e-mails. Also, as soon as I got home, right before I stripped off all my big girl clothes, I fired up Google Talk. I didn't have much in my e-mail, but at least the dose of internet finally stopped the cold chills, the dizziness, and the shaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment