Saturday, March 03, 2007

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that.

I don't want to scare you guys, but I have been totally domestic all day long today. I did about 14 loads of laundry (lie), BAKED a loaf of banana bread (thanks for the recipe, Kat!), and just Monica Gellered the entire apartment. It looks (and smells) SO. GOOD.

Last night I started reading The Polysyllabic Spree. You know, you wouldn't think that a book where some guy talks about books he's purchased and books he's read would be that exciting, but it is really, really good. So good, you guys. Maybe it's because I suffer from the same affliction the author does. Namely, I purchase way WAY more books than I can read. Earlier I pulled all of the books off of my shelf that I haven't read yet, just to get an idea of how many there were. This is the stack:


Yeah. I told Heidi that she was allowed to berate me (but not slap me) the next time I come home with a bunch of books. I mean, seriously. I don't need to buy any more books for a while, right? Because of that stack up there. That could last me a while. At least a month, right? Right? Probably way longer. Maybe. So explain to me why the only thing I can think about is the gift certificate to Half Price Books that is in my purse and that I want to spend NOW RIGHT NOW.

I think I have a sickness. And you wanna know what? If there's some sort of cure, I don't want to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment