Sunday, April 15, 2007

they tried to make me go to rehab, I said no no no*

So, I didn't do much this weekend but it was SO MUCH BETTER than last weekend because it didn't involve vomit of any kind. Which is always good. I have nothing interesting to say. Just thought I'd warn you now.

I had a very wholesome weekend, until last night when I was GOING to go to bed but got sucked into the evils of Gmail chatting and let's just say things escalated quickly and suddenly it was 3 AM and I was still awake. Before that, though, we had homemade pizza, watched movies and then had ROOT BEER FLOATS. When I was younger and my parents and sister made root beer floats, I'd always turn up my nose and declare them DISGUSTING. Turns out I was really wrong because they are delicious. DE-LICIOUS. True story.

I did break a lot of stuff this weekend, though. First, I broke my toilet. I'm not sure how. I was just flushing it and the handle broke. I picked up the lid on the back and looked inside and the little lever that lifts the flushie thingie had broken off. Oops. Apparently I flush very forcefully. Then, I went outside to check the oil in my car (Did I tell you my car is leaking oil? Well, my car is leaking oil. Pretty badly and it would cost more to fix it than the car's worth so basically I'm driving my car until it dies. Which, considering it is hemorrhaging oil, shouldn't be long.) Oh man, where was I? I don't even remember. Oh, so I went out to check the oil and when I tried to start the car afterward it . . . didn't. So then I went back upstairs to the apartment and flopped on my bed with my arm across my face all forlorn and inconsolable and called my dad. Turns out, my car just needed jumped and probably needs a new battery. In any case, my car is not long for this world so I'm going to need a new(ish) one soon. Would anyone like to give me one for free? Like, if you've got a car you're not using that's just sitting around going to waste, I will totally take it off your hands for you. Please? Come ON, don't be so stingy!

Later we had to run by Kroger to return some movies that we'd rented from that little machine at the front of the store. Do you know what I'm talking about? I don't care. I was given the task of returning them (big mistake) and first I tried to shove them in the slot the wrong way and then I think I actually broke the machine but when I went to the customer service desk they told me that they have nothing to do with the machine. THANKS! Then I went back to the machine and it was working again so I guess I only broke it a little bit.

So, yeah. Everything I touch lately breaks somehow. Keep me away from small children and nuclear reactors. Although, probably I shouldn't be allowed around either of those anyway.

*this song has been stuck in my head for the past week

No comments:

Post a Comment