Sunday, April 01, 2007

I do believe it's true that there are roads left in both of our shoes, if the silence takes you then I hope it takes me too

So, it is beautiful outside. GORGEOUS. See:


Beautiful. Of course, I've been sitting inside in my pajamas all day, but still. I went outside to take the pictures. Well, on the balcony. Which is technically outside. I wore flip flops, so it counts. I thought about taking a walk but then I got distracted and forgot. Anyway, it's much better to just enjoy the view while sitting all lazy and slothlike on the porch. I can't normally look around that much while I'm walking because then I fall down. So I'd miss this:


Well, you know, unless I fell down. Because, really, if you think about it the ground is the most ideal spot for looking at the sky. Except all the geese have come back and so the sidewalk has goose poop ALL OVER it and I don't want to be a prima donna but I'd like to avoid lying in a pile of goose poop if at all possible.

I hope April is going to be a good month. January was good, February was good but cold, March was OK because I started a new job and here are reasons April should be good:
  • I turn 25. I will be a quarter of a century old. Which means not only will my car insurance go down but I will either become more mature or will have a quarter life crisis. Hmm.

  • It's spring! It's getting warm! Birds and bees are having sex! Not with each other because that would be weird!

  • I'm going to a bachelorette party. Which is so much better than a bridal shower, because, as I understand it, you can drink way more at a bachelorette party than at a bridal shower. Except for my bridal shower (scheduled date for my bridal shower: the 15th of Never) . . . there will be booze at my bridal shower. I'm registering at the liquor store.

  • But mostly? The reason April will be good? Is because it is Jim Halpert month, at least in our kitchen:

Of course, I could be wrong about all this. Some smart guy once said that April is the cruelest month, but what the hell do smart guys know anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment