Monday, April 30, 2007

I've been lost, I've been found, but I don't feel down

So, I don't know if I've mentioned this, Internets, but I feel blue. Oh, right, I have mentioned it. Like every post this month. Or something. I don't know. I'm not going back to look, that's for damn sure.

Anyway. I don't know what my problem is. BUT. I can pretty much guarantee that the shitfest that was April 2007 was all my fault because of this post, where I went on and on about how great April was going to be. You'd think I'd have learned by now to shut my goddamn mouth, but I haven't. So there. It turns out T.S. Eliot WAS right. Who knew that son of a bitch was so smart? Oh, everyone? Right.

I'm not saying the entire month was a wash. I did get a new car. I did have a birthday. And I did have some very good times on some very specific occasions if you know what I'm saying and I think you do. You don't, though. I don't even know what I'm saying. Actually, maybe a select few of you know. Like if your name is Heidi. Or you know about Fight Club. BUT YOU DON'T. Unless you do. See? No idea what I'm saying.

See, here's the thing. I probably don't seem like I'm blue. It comes and goes. I'm not very good at being blue. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not making an inappropriate joke about something or giggling to myself because someone just said, "this is the biggest one I've ever seen" or whatever. But I can be as melodramatic as the next person. I can mope. I can stare into space and twirl my hair. I can lie on my bed listening to The Shins and Coldplay and Oasis over and over. Just ask Heidi. I think if she has to hear Wincing the Night Away one more time, she is going to punch me in the babymaker and I WOULDN'T BLAME HER.

So what I'm saying is that since today is the last day of April, I am calling it the last day of Jennie's Great Funk of 2007. I'm not sure if you can will yourself out of a seemingly permanent state of blah, but I'm going to try my best. And I guess I will look back on April 2007 with some fondness. After all, it was Jim Halpert Month. And it was responsible for the creation of the first "Worst. Day. Ever. Week," and really, how could I stay mad at April after that?

No comments:

Post a Comment