Sunday, September 03, 2006

also, I think Brooks and Dunn are gay for each other . . . you should have seen their shirts

Last night I went to a Brooks & Dunn (Dunne?) concert. I know. I KNOW. But my roommate won free tickets (on a sidenote, how lucky have we been with the free tickets lately? I know. I KNOW) and the woman she was supposed to go with bailed on her so I went. Even though, I don't really like country all that much and wouldn't know a country song if it bit me on the ass. Which turned out to not be true, because I forgot about my brief affair with country music in junior high and it turns out Brooks & Dunne (Dunn?) are really old so I DID know some of their songs. A fact I didn't know whether to be ashamed or proud of.

You guys know how I hate everyone, right? Well, this concert was a gathering of some of the people I hate most; Republicans, Bengals fans who yell "who dey" at every opportune moment, rednecks, drunks, and drunk rednecks. Add the rain and the fact that we were on the lawn in drunk redneck central, where there was an abundance of dirty dancing grinding and LINE DANCING (sometimes all at the same time), and it could have been hell. But it really wasn't that bad.

That was the most anti-climactic story ever. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment