Thursday, August 31, 2006

why my Uncle John rules, a study in three acts

Act One:

He came to the movie theater parking lot that one time my sister and I had gone to see Mean Girls after I called him and told him that my car wouldn't start. Two minutes before he got there my car started and he didn't roll his eyes or laugh in my face once. Or he waited to laugh until he got home, but either way, I appreciate it.

Act Two:

When I was little, he taught me how to bang on my metal highchair tray with my silverware and yell "I want food! I want food!" I'm also fairly certain that there is a picture floating around in one of the family photo albums of him giving me a sip of his beer at age, I don't know, one? There are very few people in this world who will actually encourage you to break the rules and be obnoxious, so you have to learn to appreciate each and every one.

Finally, Act Three:

He just won tickets to the John Mayer/Sheryl Crow concert on Tuesday and he's giving them to me, thus giving me yet another chance to make John Mayer the father of my babies. Don't judge me.

Long story short (HAHA), thanks, Uncle John!

No comments:

Post a Comment