Monday, August 28, 2006

another one bites the dust

Ok, UNCLE. I give. Enough. Stop getting engaged, people, I mean it.

Alright, not really, but come on! Three of my friends have gotten engaged this summer and if things keep going this way I'm going to be going to nothing but weddings next year. One of my good friends got engaged this past weekend and she wasn't even on my radar. I don't know why, she and her boyfriend have been dating for a long time now, but I was still surprised. I believe my exact words were "holy fucking shit" (so eloquent) and I repeated that for pretty much the rest of the day, except the part where I was at volunteer training because I think they'd probably frown upon me shouting obscenities in the middle of a video about a kid's mom dying.

My friends are all growing up, buying houses, getting engaged and it's really cutting into the people who still want to go out and do stupid things with me. If people start having babies soon, I'm gonna shoot myself in the face, because if there is anything I hate more than a bridal shower, it's a baby shower. And if there is anything I hate more than a wedding, it's a baby. Haha, I'm totally kidding. I don't hate weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment