Friday, August 18, 2006

I'll tell you what the Pilgrims did bring: smallpox. It killed scores of Native Americans, ravaging their population.

I think I'm getting sick. Wah wah waaaaaah. Seriously, though, I think I have a cold. WTF, it's summer. I haven't taken any medicine, though, because I'm trying to deny the cold and say it's just allergies. I'm good with denial. I think this may work.

Actually, I think denial is what gets me into trouble the majority of the time. Well, that and procrastination. I mean, DAMN, how many times do I have to learn the same lesson before common sense finally sinks in? I think that's why I'm so bad with things like car maintenance (and oven knobs). I want to deny that there's anything wrong, but you can't argue with a car. I can't bullshit my car like I can people. Not that I would ever bullshit someone, oh no. But, I can't say to my car, "Car, you do not need oil so stop telling me to check it. Also, why are your windshield wipers only working intermittently, why why why? You are not broken! Stop it! Fix yourself, bitch!" because my car ALWAYS WINS.

So, yeah, I'm not holding out much hope that my powers of denial will defeat a summer cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment