Thursday, August 31, 2006

where my insecurity shines brightest

I'm now almost finished with my volunteer training, but in order to become a full-fledged volunteer I have to jump through a few more hoops. One of these hoops is a background check, which, disregarding any intoxicated misdemeanors (no charges, whoohoo!), I'm fairly certain I will pass with flying colors.

I also have to have three references fill out a sheet about me. Or something about me. I don't know what it is, they won't let me see it, but I assume it's something like that. I found this out yesterday so naturally last night I dreamed that one of my references called to talk to the Head Lady In Charge (I have no idea what she's really called, other than Vicky and I didn't really want to tell you her real name but now I have and THANKS A LOT) and Vicky told her she didn't think I was ready to be a volunteer because I fell asleep during training. I DID NOT. And no matter how many times I denied this accusation, they still wouldn't let me become a volunteer. Because cursing like a sailor and talking inappropriately about stool samples? Totally OK. Falling asleep, however, is total grounds for permanent rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment