Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I'm wearing my lucky scarf and I'm not ashamed

My nerves are about shot to hell. I've been watching CNN continuously for about four hours, occassionally switching to the local NBC affiliate to catch up on elections around here, and, I'm not gonna lie, sometimes switching the channel to Sex and the City or Friends so I don't go completely crazy. Right now I'm watching The Daily Show (live) so I'm still watching election coverage (kind of) but at least I'm laughing.

Right now Bush has 186 votes and Kerry has 112. I'm trying not to freak out too much, mainly because there are still a lot of states up for grabs. Ohio being one of them.

I'm really disappointed in some of my fellow Ohioans for voting to pass Issue One. Issue One is the bullshit amendment that says only a man and a woman can be married. I didn't realize so many people in Ohio were so ignorant. True, I don't think it's totally decided yet, but I honestly thought it didn't have a chance in hell to pass.

I think I'll be up all night, glued to the TV. I'm OK with this. I just hope there's a clear cut winner by tomorrow morning.

I'll be honest. If Bush wins, I plan on throwing a tantrum of gargantuan proportions. People in California will hear my cursing. I'm not kidding. I'm just forewarning everyone, because if he wins there will be entry after entry on this blog bitching and moaning about the result. I never said I would accept defeat graciously. On the other hand, if Kerry wins, there will be much gloating and many, many exclamation points. And probably some Bush-bashing.

So, don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment