Saturday, November 06, 2004

wake up call

This morning when I woke up I found my cell phone underneath my pillow. Which is odd, even for me.

What had I been trying to do? Tempt the Cell Phone Fairy to my house? What exactly would the Cell Phone Fairy trade for cell phones? More than a dollar, I'd hope.

Then I remembered. Around two in the morning, my cell rang. This is not a strange occurance, especially on the weekends.

What was strange, however, and very disconcerting, is that I had forgotten that for some reason or another I'd turned the ring volume as high as it could go. Worse still, I had changed the ring tone to Stars and Stripes.

Do you know how frightening it is to wake up thinking a parade is marching through your room?

Apparently, so frightening that I just shoved the phone under my pillow to muffle the sound and simply fell back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment