Saturday, November 27, 2004

raindeer heads on stakes

Since Thanksgiving has come and gone, today we started putting up Christmas decorations. We don't put up nearly as many as we used to. Our house used to be covered with colored lights and we always had some kind of lit up statue in our yard. For a while, we had this stake that had Rudolph's head on it. Wait, that sounds bad, like we're Vikings or Huns or something. But we're not. Anyway, Rudolph's head was made of wood, and painted brown (obviously) but his nose was just this huge, red, lightbulb. So at night, all you could see in our yard was this dot of red light.

Now that my sister and I are older, putting up the tree isn't as fun as it used to be. We used to fight over who would get to put certain ornaments up. I always had to hang the elf shoe with the tiny bells because we used to tease our old dog Rusty with it. My sister always wanted to hang, well, everything else. Now, however, we fight about who HAS to put the ornaments up. Except for the elf shoe, I'm still all over that one.

This afternoon, after the tree was decorated and the stockings were hung, I decided I wanted to hang some lights outside. No problem, except none of us had any idea where all of the outside light strands were, other than some vague directions from my dad. "Under the stairs in a Tupperware container."

No they weren't. I finally found them in the closet off of the bathroom in the basement (which I guess TECHNICALLY is under the stairs, but I know that's not what my dad meant). I took them upstairs and opened the bin to find at least 5 strands of light all tangled up. Most of them work, though. I was going to hang them tonight, but then it got dark (you know, like it does) and started raining. I'll do it tomorrow. As long as it's not raining.

Oh, and to the person who found this blog by searching for "ashlee simpsons AIM screenname," it's AssleeNotBlonde. And YOU'RE WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment