Sunday, November 21, 2004

the week of Darcy

If my life has had a theme this past week, it would have to be either mucus or Mr. Darcy. And frankly, I'd rather focus on Mr. Darcy.

I found myself strangely drawn in to this book called Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, a sequel to Pride and Prejudice although not, obviously, written by Jane Austen, of course, but in the same style. It was addicting. Then, my mom and I managed to watch the entire Pride and Prejudice miniseries, all six hours of it, while we were sick. Once we finished that, we moved onto Girl with a Pearl Earring, starring Colin Firth, aka, Mr. Darcy.

I also managed to sqeeze in two viewings of Love Actually (Firth alert) and also two of Bridget Jones. And last night, the SNL that Colin Firth hosted was on.

And today, my friends, I saw Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. My life is complete. I can now die happy, because I've witnessed Colin Firth and Hugh Grant fighting like girls in a fountain.

I really enjoyed the sequel, although not as much as the original. I especially enjoyed when Bridget made a comment about wishing Mark Darcy would show up at her door in a wet, white shirt.

Pride and Prejudice fans, I know you know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment