Saturday, November 06, 2004

over it

Well. It's been four days. I'm officially declaring myself OVER IT. The election (duh). Not that I'm suddenly thrilled, or any less angry or confused, but I think I've passed the point where I can blame my bitchy behavior on election-depression. I'll have to start blaming it on something else, like the fact that I'm a bitch.

It's a minor setback. Ok, maybe not so minor, but it's temporary. Power in politics shifts all the time. Just because it's all (and I do mean all) in the other guy's court at the moment doesn't mean I have to accept whatever he tells me. I'm not promising that there won't be any more angry posts, laden with bitterness and curse word after curse word, but hopefully they'll be few and far between. That's not really up to me, though. Hear that, Dubya?

So, I'm going to focus on other things for a while.

For instance, I started working on my novel last night, after having put it off since Monday. I'm really getting into it, even though I have absolutely no idea where it's going. I had an idea of what I wanted to happen later in the novel, but found that was too restricting, so now I'm letting my characters do whatever the hell they want. I'm determined to finish it, too. I've got about 46,700 words to go, and 25 days left to write them. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment