Monday, November 15, 2004

uncle!

Ok, so this has been a pretty shitty month. Bush was elected, my grandpa had a stroke and died, my friend's grandpa died, my aunt's girlfriend's mom died, and my mom found out today that someone she used to work with was found dead in her home with her husband, also dead. They both died of gunshot wounds, but there were no signs of struggle so they don't really know what happened. Also, I think after Saturday night/Sunday morning I may never be able to drink wine again. EVER.

And the month is only half over. So far, this is shaping up to be the November from hell. I told my parents that if one more bad thing happens, I'm going to hole myself up in my room for a couple of weeks.

So I'm trying to look on the bright side, because I hate being pessimistic and depressed, or "in a funk" as my mom called it. First of all, Elf comes out tomorrow and no one can be depressed while watching Will Ferrell cavort about in tights and a cute, little green hat. And Bridget Jones is back in action. I can't be in a bad mood when I know Mr. Darcy is off making the world a better place once again.

We also got something in the mail today saying the cable company is adding new channels. One they've added is Adult Swim OnDemand. Now I can watch a clueless meatball and a rude milkshake ANY TIME I WANT. Another channel is called Boomerang, and so far today they've played The Jetsons, Flintstones, Scooby Doo, The Smurfs, and, best of all, The Snorks. Awesome.

And, I know it's wrong to try and make myself feel better with TV, but I'm really enjoying E!'s 50 Most Wicked Women.

No comments:

Post a Comment