Monday, November 01, 2004

NaNoWriMo

Today is the start of National Novel Writing Month. I started my novel exactly at midnight because, as I think we've all fully established, I am a huge dork.

I wrote a little over 1,000 words in a little over an hour. I'm not saying any of these words combine to make anything good, but still, it's a start. So far, I haven't let myself go back and reread or revise anything I've written. Which, let me tell you, is a BIG step for me because I like to obsessively edit everything I write.

My goal is to write at least 1,667 words a day, because then I'll have 50,000 words by the end of the month, even if they're all really crappy words.

I could probably sit here all night, armed with my caffeine and my Launchcast radio station. How awesome is Launchcast? Why didn't anyone tell me about this before? It's like Tivo (as I understand it) for radio junkies. I love how I can rate what I like, and then Launchcast will play songs it thinks I'll like. Thank you, Launchcast! You are my new best friend.

Ok, I think I'm going to go read for a while and hope the caffeine burns off soon so I can get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment