Thursday, August 09, 2007

Deep Thoughts . . . by Consuelo Westbrook

This is the greatest piece of spam I have ever received:

To: Me
From: Consuelo Westbrook
Subject: Hello Jennifer!

I have a piece of great and sad news to tell you: I am dead. We will burn that bridge when we come to it.

Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.

Predicting the future is easy. It's trying to figure out what's going on now that's hard.

It seems essential, in relationships and all tasks, that we concentrate only on what is most significant and important.

Injustice is relatively easy to bear, what stings is justice.

Whenever the cause of the people is entrusted to professors, it is lost.

It is with our judgments as with our watches: no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.

Hesitancy in judgment is the only true mark of the thinker.

I don't set trends. I just find out what they are and exploit them.

I get up in the morning with an idea for a three-volume novel and by nightfall it's a paragraph in my column.

Idleness is only a coarse name for my infinite capacity for living in the present.

The fly that does not want to be swatted is safest if it sits on the fly-swatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment