Friday, August 03, 2007

nonsensical: lacking intelligible meaning; foolish; absurd

You guys are going to be so proud of me. I just had this conversation with a coworker:

Coworker: I so don't want what I brought for lunch.
Me: What is it?
CW: A Smart Ones pizza.
Me: Those aren't too bad. But I usually cook them in the oven, not the microwave.
CW: I'm a microwave person. I don't like it when the crust is hard.
Me: Oh, I see.
CW: Yeah, I like it softer.
Me: See, I like it hard.

And I didn't even giggle! Well, until I got back to my desk. And also right now. Heh.

Also this:

Heidi: Hey, so you know how I have that cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory?
Me: Yes?
Heidi: I decided I don't need to eat all of it, so do you want half?
Me: Um, YEAH.
Heidi: Good. If I have to get fat, so do you.
Me: That's so nice.
Heidi: Hey, never say I don't look out for you.

Oh and also this happened last night, in Heidi's car, on the way to the gym:

Heidi: There are geese at the road.
Me: I'll take care of that.
[I roll down my window]
Me: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEENNNNNNKKK!
Heidi: Hahahaha!
Me: Oh my god, there's a lady over there by the geese.
Heidi: I know, I saw her!
Me: Why didn't you tell me before I screamed out the window?
Heidi: Because I thought it was funnier this way.
Me: Wow. Way to look out for me!

So our gym is right across the street from the fancy, outdoor mall. Sometimes they play live music there and you can hear it from the gym parking lot. Last night, someone was singing Champagne Supernova. I just keep hoping it wasn't really Oasis playing. Otherwise, I totally blew what may be my ONLY CHANCE to see Oasis live. Instead, I spent that time on the elliptical watching THAT STUPID HILARY DUFF MOVIE AGAIN. WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME?! WHY GOD WHY???

Lest you think me crazy for wondering if Oasis might be playing at The Greene, you should know that just the other week, Mandy Moore put on a free concert there. I mean, I know it's a giant leap from Mandy Moore to Oasis, but stranger things have happened. I'm sorry, that link was all kinds of depressing. I looked at it the other day at work and almost started crying. I might cry right now. Shit. Speaking of crying, we were looking at the movie schedule for the gym this month and next Saturday they're playing Hotel Rwanda. Um. OK. That was a really good movie. Really, really good. But it's not very work-out-y. It's more sit-on-your-couch-with-a-box-of-tissues-and-a-half-empty-bottle-of-wine-and-try-not-to-slit-your-wrists-y.

Anyway, did I tell you that Heidi and I walked up to see Mandy Moore's free concert the other night? It was lamer than I thought it would be and BELIEVE ME I thought it was going to be pretty lame. Oh, it was terrible. We stayed for two songs maybe. We couldn't see her and couldn't really hear her and none of her co-stars were there so we said SCREW IT and went home. The best part was that the route we walked was the same one we took that night we drank all the vodka and walked to Waffle House. Did I tell you we did that? Oh, I did. Anyway, it turns out that path is a lot easier to walk sober and in daylight. Go figure.

Last night, after the gym, Heidi and I drank wine and ate cheesecake while watching Big Brother. And after Big Brother was over, we continued our new project, about which I AM CONFIDENT I have not told you. It was Heidi's idea but I quickly jumped on board because, um, it's awesome. We have started watching Friends from the very beginning and we're not stopping until the last episode. We're about halfway through the first season and we're hoping to be done by 2009. Hey, shut up. It's important to have goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment