Wednesday, August 22, 2007

LONGEST. DAY. EVER. Week

I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but today was the longest day in the history of the world. True story. See, the thing is . . . I don't know. I don't know what the thing is. I just don't. Sorry.

So, we had this all day training thing at work today. It's for other people, actually, but our department is running it and even though my boss said it was optional I felt obligated to be there because, um, everyone else went. Which meant I was away from both my computer and cell phone for the majority of the day and my head might have exploded a little. Seriously. My brain kind of oozed out one of my ears. Not all of my brain, though. Obviously. Then I had to ask my boss if I could come in late on Friday because I have to go to the hooha doctor that morning and after I asked her I kept thinking, "say no, say no, I want to reschedule, I hate the hooha doctor," because, um, I DO hate the hooha doctor. Who likes the hooha doctor? If you do, there is something wrong with you. QUESTION. Why is the speculum made out of ice cold metal? Why not plastic? Or . . . um . . . silk? I don't know, but what I DO KNOW is that may be the first time I've ever written speculum on this blog, proving that after almost FOUR YEARS, there are still places I have not ventured. Good to know.

The problem with all this training today is that I already know how to do most of the stuff we were talking about. This is both good and bad. Good because if I want to sound smart, I can answer a question or throw in my two cents. But bad because since I already knew what they were talking about, I was finding it harder than usual to pay attention. At one point, I heard, "Jennie? Jennie . . . . . . . . JENNIE," and then I realized that everyone was staring at me and I had no idea why so I just sat there with a stupid grin on my face because in my head I had totally been flying around in a hot air balloon or some crazy nonsense. I think I have a problem. Maybe it's just ADD, but I'm pretty sure it's something they don't make a pill for.

No comments:

Post a Comment